Friends of Scouting (FOS) Chair
Pack 323 has committed to help the Grand Canyon Council raise funds through Friends of Scouting (FOS). The following functions are the responsibility of the FOS chair in cooperation with the treasurer. This is a new role for our Pack so the responsibilities will be evolving. For now we will use the suggestions from national.
- Build an organization to enroll family members and Cub Scout leaders in FOS.
- Enroll as a Friend of Scouting.
- For every five families in the pack, recruit one person as an enroller.
- Attend an FOS kickoff meeting.
- Enroll each enroller as a Friend of Scouting.
- Train enrollers.
- Conduct report meetings.
- Follow up until all FOS cards have been accounted for.
- Give recognition to contributors and enrollers.
- Along with the pack committee, provide public relations for FOS.