The secretary ensures proper records are kept within the pack. Specifically, the secretary will:
- Attend monthly leader’s meetings.
- Keep notes on business conducted at pack leaders’ meetings. Record only key items such as things needing follow-up or items for the history of the pack.
- Acquaint den leaders with the contents of Scoutbook so that they will know how to supply the information that should be recorded there.
- Maintain up-to-date information on membership, leadership, attendance, and advancement in Scoutbook.
- Maintain an inventory of pack property.
- Handle correspondence for the pack. This may include writing letters of appreciation and requests for reservations, or ordering supplies through the local council service center.
- Notify leaders of pack leaders’ meetings and other activities.
- Keep informed of all Cub Scouting literature, materials, records, and forms to help leaders function effectively. Help new den leaders access needed tools.
- Provide den leaders with records and forms for meetings.